Beginner Ballet Solo Workshop
- online -
Dates: 29th August 2022
Time: 10:30 - 13:30, UK time (playback available for one week)
Where: online via Zoom
Cost: £43 + £2 booking fee
By making a payment you agree to the terms & conditions.
Due to popular requests, I am offering this beginner online workshop in which we are going to learn parts of Swan Lake's pas de trois variation #1. We will learn how to learn a choreography, we will learn as slow as we need it to be, and I will modify steps for different abilities (e.g. if you avoid jumping), and limited space.
Rest assured that online classes work very well. Often, I can have a closer look at you online, sitting in front of my monitor, than in a big studio.
What To Expect
We will start the workshop with a warm-up ballet class where we
• keep it simple
• work on good alignment
• focus on the articulation of the feet
• introduce elements of the pas de trois variation
After a small break, we will be working on variation. Where we
• learn how to memorise steps
• tailor the steps to your ability
• explain in detail how to link the different parts
The workshop is interactive, so you can ask questions. The recording of the workshop is available for one week afterward for you to revisit, take notes, or work with if you cannot attend live.
Who Is The Workshop For
As a guideline, I would think you should have at least six months of weekly ballet training. You may
• be new to learning a ballet piece
• find other workshops too fast to follow
• less agile
I expect you to:
• struggle with memorising unfamiliar sequences
• perhaps getting frustrated when trying to learn a ballet piece
• love to experience the feeling of dancing a 'real ballet piece' but it is just so overwhelming
If you are still reading, then this workshop is very likely one for you.
This piece is a traditionally female part, however, if you are a male ballet student and would like to join, you are very welcome too.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions or you are unsure whether the retreat is suitable for you, please get in touch via email or phone.