What To Wear In Ballet Class
Dress Code for a Positive Ballet Experience
At Holistic Ballet, each adult dancer is unique and free to choose what to wear. However, there are a few principles to keep in mind:
• wear clean clothes
• wear something comfortable that allows you to move freely without being revealing
• avoid baggy clothes that make it difficult for the teacher to notice incorrect alignment
• wear ballet slippers or pointe shoes (advanced)
• you can wear socks if you are only starting out
• avoid big jewellery and strong perfume, but deodorant is encouraged
• fitted t-shirt and leggings or shorts, or not-too-baggy tracksuit bottoms
• Leotard and tights
• dance skirt
Men wear a dance belt if they choose to wear tights.
You want to be comfortable, confident, and ready to dance.
Learn about how to conduct yourself in a ballet class here> Ballet Class Etiquette